Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Progress in the Courtyard!

 


It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day again but I still may stick a couple of seeds in the ground!



                                                                                      I use pots on my potting bench to add more space for growing.  There are a coupe pots of chives and soon  will be enough blossoms to  make chive blossom vinegar.  Two pots have peppers and one pot has a zucchini and the green pot has zinnia growing in it.


                                          I have two gro bags with potatoes in them.  I just added more dirt to these.  It is so exciting to see them growing!  Hoping for lots of potatoes!
 


The Calendula transplanted well from the milk jug sowing.  Hoping for lots of yellow blooms.



Tomato plants, Basil and Cilantro planted in these new pots.  The tomato plant on the left is a Beefsteak and the one on the right is a Paste tomato.



A coupe of the things growing in the green stalk.  Kale and pretty pink flowers.  I love those flowers and wish I would have bought a couple more of those plants!



Of course I need my supervisors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Happy Gardening!  .....Nancy







                                             

9 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Calendula must be the easiest seeds to germinate. I hope some volunteers pop up in my garden again this year. I'm always afraid I've hoed too energetically.
I like the various pots in your courtyard. It makes it look so inviting.

Betsy said...

I enjoyed reading about your plants in various stages. Your zuchini is in a pot? That's amazing! I would love to grow a few zuchinni seeds. And may just give it a try.
Blessings,
Betsy

Julie said...

Your courtyard is looking wonderful Nancy & especially the flowering clematis. I love growing calendula amongst my veggies as I think they bring the beneficial bugs & hopefully keep the nasty ones away. Lovely last photo!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Granny Marigold, I am thankful that these calendula flowers look healthy. Do you make anything with yours? I have so many pots because Rosie tore out so many plants in my ground last year! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Betsy, I am hoping my zucchini will do well. I have a problem with pollination here but working on flowers to attract bees. Let me know how you make out if you grow zucchini in a pot! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Julie, Thank you. My clematis started out a light pinkish but is mostly white this year. That is okay as I think the white looks pretty. My calendula seems to be doing well this year. Do you make anything with yours? So far I have not! Nancy

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Garden looks good…I planted the least this year ever. 🌻

Gloria said...

Hi Nancy, you sure pack a large variety of wonderful plants into a small space. I am impressed. I saved some seeds from a spaghetti squash and have planted them in the raised bed. Waiting to see what happens. My last two garden attempts weren't all that successful but I am hopeful this year I will get it right. I am really not that great of a gardener, I just dabble a little. Good thing my family isn't depending on me to provide their summer vegetables! Happily the local farmers market will be opening this week.

Gloria said...

Hi Nancy, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is ok with you.

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...