Monday, November 12, 2012

Last Harvest, Preserving, Birthday & Family Pictures


I am sorry to say that my garden produce for this year is about done.  I pulled these carrots today.  I had planted them later than the others in the cold frame.  I will definitely try to remember to plant some at different time intervals next year.  I am still trying to grow a few greens.   I have to remember that it is November and we live in Northwest Indiana!


Picked these few greens and the tops of some green onions to eat tonight.  Love my salads!


This is more parsley that I had dried and waiting to be crushed and put into a jar!  Very pleased with drying parsley and want to do it again next year.


Apples and more apples!  They seem to multiply!  Made baked apple donuts and an apple crisp!


And more apple slices in the dehydrater!  Will I ever get done?  Does anyone else ever feel this way when preserving?????


Melissa and I playing a duet that Sue picked out for us.  I love it that others in the family play the piano or another instrument!


I finally found these donut pans.  See the raised center.  I want to try making baked donuts!  They do look yummy!


Another birthday celebrated yesterday.  I have to admit that this one was mine!  This is just half the family as the other half live out of state.  Sue is missing because she is taking the picture!


A couple of the families had pictures taken by a photographer.  This is the ones that live in Virginia.   Ashley, our son Scott and Emily in the front and grandson, Mac in the back.



And this is one of the families that live near us.  Melissa, Cali, Gracie and our son Michael.  Thanks for visiting with me today!!!




14 comments:

Kathryn D. Duke said...

A very happy birthday my friend!!! Your family pictures are wonderful and you all look so happy...what a blessing...

I want to remember to plant some carrots next...do I plant them in the early Spring?

Sustainably Modern said...

Baked apple donuts sound heavenly!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Kathryn! Thanks! I planted some carrots March 25th and then I planted a few July 25th in the cold frame that I just pulled today. We live in NW IN and in my notes for next year I have written to plant them 3 weeks before last spring frost and that I can plant them Spring, Summer and Fall so will try that next year. Am still learning! Come again! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Sustainably Modern, The Baked Apple Donuts is a recipe I got from my Mom. The family loves them. Glad you could visit! Come again. Nancy

kitsapFG said...

The carrots look like they were very nicely sized. Enjoyed the pic of you playing the piano. I have played piano for years and recently have begun learning violin. A most rewarding pursuit.

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday, Nancy. It sure sounds like a fun day. I love to hear the piano being played, but our daughter is so busy with work and school that we hardly hear it.

Have a wonderful evening.

~Cheryl

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi kitsapFG, This is the first year that I have been able to grow quite a few decent sized carrots! Happy about that! Yes, I guess you do learn to play music best when you are young but it is not impossible when we are older. I learned to play my flute in my 50's. I think the secret is consistant practice which is hard to find time as an adult. Hope you keep at it! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Cheryl, Thank you for the birthday wish! It was a very nice day. Your daughter will come back to playing the piano when her life slows down a bit. I love the different instruments. Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you've had a wonderful celebration.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Susan, Thanks for the birthday wish. I did have a great birthday with part of the family being close enough to come over. Glad you could visit! Come again! Nancy

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Thanks emilysincerely! I did have a great birtday. Come again! Nancy

Lisa said...

Happy belated birthday Nancy! What a wonderful, joyful time it looks like you had. Oh to be so fortunate to have other family members play instruments with you... you are blessed. Particularly a duet on the piano.
PS your husband did a terrific job making that Nativity scene.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Thanks Lisa, I use to teach piano lessons and now both my daughter and daughter-in-love teach piano lessons! I do like the navitiy scene that my husband made! Homade is the best! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...