Monday, April 7, 2014

Seedlings, Coco, Teapot & M&M's



This is my sorry attempt to plant some flower seeds in front of the french doors.  The seedlings on the left are cockscomb and the seed was old!  So I planted really thick and they all grew it seemed!  I have thinned out a lot and think I will have to thin out more.  The seedlings on the right are sunflower seeds.  I think I may have planted them too soon as they are already leggy and our last frost date is predicted May 17th.  Now the question is, do I try to cut the egg carton apart for each one and try to plant the whole thing deeper in a little larger pot of soil?  Other suggestion????



See that brown blob sticking up under that blue bench??  That is Coco's butt!  We moved our bird feeder out behind the garden fence because she was eating all the seeds on the ground.  Evidently a few bounced over by the fence.  I put this little bench there hoping it would stop her but as you can see..............



I thought I would cheer up my dinette table with my little tea pot again for spring.  It says "He Fills My Life with Good Things" from a Psalm.


This next video is for all my chocolate loving friends to grow their own M&M's!  If you haven't seen it I am sure you will want to go out and start planting your own M&M's to grow today!!!  Enjoy!


8 comments:

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Not sure about what to,do,with the seedlings as I think some of mime are a bit leggy too...

Love the April,Fools Day M& M video too...what a hoot!!!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Kathryn! Glad that you could enjoy that video!!!! Nancy

Audrey said...

So happy to see you are able to get out in your yard ... no snow and getting your plants going.
Happy planting.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.

Daphne Gould said...

I can't help you with the sunflowers. I always direct seed them. Nowadays they just pop up in the garden. Though I've been getting tired of them so I'm replacing that section of garden with a plum tree.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Audrey! Yep! Finally seeing a little warmer weather. Seems so good!!! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Daphne, I haven't had time to see if I can repot the sunflower seeds. Started them way too soon! Gardeners are always changing their gardens around it seems!! Nancy

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Nancy! Such a cute little 'butt'! Funny, how she likes to eat birdseed! Yes, it's nice to see your snow-free ground! Your idea about the sunflowers sound right; at least that's what I would do. Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Felecia, Coco is so spoiled! Loving these nicer days but suppose to be kinda cold again next week! I moved the sunflower seedlings into larger pots today. Hoping they will do okay! Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...