Monday, April 13, 2015

Cold Frame, Dills, Plants, Fountain & Award


These are the things growing in my cold frame now.  The larger ones overwintered and the smaller ones are newly planted.  We have had a few lovely days lately!!



These are Freezer Dills that I froze up last year.  Very good.  Nice and green and really quite crisp yet.  Kind of a sweet dill!



Here are some tomato plants that I started under the grow lights in the basement.  Perhaps I started them a week or two early.  I have just put them in front of a window now.  I am not very experienced at growing things from seed in the house yet.



We are redoing the fountain area this year.  Making it smaller so that Coco's elderly parents can do a better job of keeping it weeded!!


"Wonderful Gardener" is also "Wonderful Historian".  Here he is receiving a certificate of award from the city of Pt. Huron, Michigan for his work on the U-Tube videos of the history of that city.  He was born and raised there.  If you are interested in looking at the U-Tube videos here is the link to click on.  
  


12 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

We have had a couple of gorgeous days too. I couldn't believe we got to 75 yesterday. Less than a week ago we had a day that didn't get out of the 30s. And I wish we had videos on our town history. Though we do have town historian that gives talks occasionally.

Margaret said...

I really wish I had a cold frame - another job for the ever-growing to do list. Is that parsley I see in yours? I know that I have overwintered parsley in the past & but this year, it didn't make it. And congratulations to your hubby - that is quite the achievement!

Vicki said...

Your tomato plants look great! And the cold frame plants and pickles too.

Congrats to Wonderful Gardener!!

Have a great week
:)Vicki

NanaDiana said...

Looks like you have a good start on your gardening duties this year!

Congrats to the Wonderful one for his award. That is quite an honor. xo Diana

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Daphne, My hubby loves history! We were gone for two nights and when we arrived back home it was hard to believe all the trees that had burst into bloom! Beautiful time of year. Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Margaret, Thanks! Yes, that is parsley growing! It is so good to see all the trees blooming now and things starting to grow! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Vicki, Thanks! Isn't it great to see things growing and the trees blooming now!! Finally! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi NanaDiana, Thanks! Things are really starting to grow but so are the weeds and grass I am afraid! The trees are blooming now too and look so pretty! Nancy

farmhouse-story said...

your husband truly deserves an award, nancy! his videos are wonderful!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi lynn, Thank you! I had him read what you wrote and he appreciates it! Nancy

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Nancy! Your cold frame is doing a beautiful job! The things in there look yummy! And you just might have to share that pickle recipe! My things I started from seed need to be transplanted in bigger pots, but with the warm temps we're having, I'll just put them in the ground. Your tomato plants look great! Your husband is a very talented and educated man! Congrats to him for the award! Happy Gardening! Blessings from Bama!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Felecia, Thanks!!! I planted out my carrot and beet seed and four late cabbages but it is too early here to plant out the tomato plants. Can't wait though! Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...