Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Courtyard Report


Greens for my salad.  I have started thinning out my peas and adding them to my salads.  Yum!



This is the table and chairs we chose for our covered porch.  We had a tiny table we ate our lunches on before we moved but the movers broke it!



Things growing in the covered box.  It has been nice the past couple of days and I have started leaving it open at night.  Soon I will be able to take it off!!  (Hopefully)



"Wonderful Gardener" and I got the arbor put up in the alcove.  Well, mostly "Wonderful Gardener" did it!!  He also painted an old wooden ladder and a small wheelbarrow in the different colors.  I have a chair on the front porch painted in these colors also.



The peas in the other end of the covered box I am thinning out.



The two new raspberry starters that were given to me this spring are starting to take off!



I plan to plant flowers in these pots around the sundial.  Well, I plant to put flowers in most of the pots hoping they will grow and add more color to my yard!



I love my two new pots we found at Ace Hardware.  They say Farm Fresh on them!



A close up of the ladder.



and of the wheelbarrow!  If my flowers do not grow I will still have lots of color in my little courtyard!



Coco is sporting her new collar!  Doesn't she look snazzy!  I put some food in her dish and the rest I spread out on the floor so that it takes her longer to eat it!  She gobbles her food up so fast!  Anyone else have a dog that does that?



Yep!!!  Got that squirrel cornered!



Hung my Garden Thyme sign on the side of the Strawberry bed.



I took the hummingbird feeder down and we hung up the windchimes.  I doubt that a humminbird will wander into our courtyard as we are so surrounded with houses and walls.  If one does I will have to figure something out!  I love to hear the chimes tinkling away with a gentle wind.  If it blows too hard we will bring it into the house so as not to disturb the neighbors!



Whew!  Last picture!  The landscapers planted this bush in the front yard that is now in bloom.  Could anyone tell me what kind of bush it is?  I enjoy reading your comments. Thank you if you choose to leave one.  Have a happy week!

24 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You really have a lot going on in the garden there already! Lots of planting and everything is all spruced up. I especially like the albino squirrel in the cage...lol
Hope you have a great week- xo Diana

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi NanaDiana, Thanks! Good idea to keep the squirrel caged. That way he can't get my plants. Bad enough having Coco wanting to eat everything! LOL You have a great week also! Nancy

Sue said...

Nancy-you've really made your new digs a cozy spot. Love that you got a bigger table to eat at--I'm sure there will be lots of outdoor dining in your beautiful place.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Sue, Thanks! Now if someone would just carry the food out to that bigger table! LOL Nancy

Donna said...

I enjoyed your post. You are making things nice and colorful around there! I don't know what the bush is but it reminds me of white knockout roses. I doubt that is what it is though. Perhaps I just have the knockout roses on my mind because I want some!

Take Care,
D~~~~

Betsy said...

Good morning! You sure are getting a lot done already. We're still having freezing at night and rain, rain, rain. That's very unusual for our side of Washington. Seattle gets all the rain but our side of the Cascade Range doesn't get much rain. The weatherman said the other night we had twice as much rain already than we usually get for an entire year! I'm ready for some drier weather. I love that ladder and wheelbarrow and your planters that say farm fresh. Wonderful! And it looks like a very cozy place to eat your lunch. Thanks for sharing all of your fun.
Blessings, Betsy

Cat Lover said...

Wow, your gardens look wonderful! Such pretty colours in all your accessories. Hope you get to enjoy your new patio set over the Summer. What a lovely place to eat.
Take care.
Robin

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Is that flowering shrub possibly Bridal Wreath? Hard to tell - everything is looking great around your new home!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Donna, Thanks and thanks for visiting. No, I don't think it is a knock-out but I do love those knock-out roses too. Hope you can get some. Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Betsy, Our weather seems to go up and down but it has been nice the past two or three days. And I am loving it! I want my courtyard to be a colorful cheerful place that whoever visits can enjoy but I also want to grow some veggies! Don't want much, do I? LOL Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Cat Lover, Thanks! I am hoping for 75 degree days all summer and just rain during the night and nice and gentle! LOL Dream on, huh! I am hoping we can eat lots of meals using our new table and chairs! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Debbie from Mountain Mama, Thanks! I don't think the flowers are white enough to be a bridal wreath. They are kind of off white. I wish it was a bridal wreath as I think they are prettier. Had one of them before. Do you have one? Enjoy!!

Margaret said...

I love all the colourful touches everywhere - just beautiful! And I agree with Sue - I think you will enjoy a larger table to sit, relax and enjoy the outdoors. Wish I knew what that plant was - perhaps ask the builder or a neighbour as they likely have it in their garden too.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Margaret, Thank you! There are quite a few of those bushes in our neighbors yards. I don't know most of them yet so will probably not walk up to their doors and ask but if I see them outside I will! Have met some of the neighbors walking Coco. Nancy

Julie said...

Everything is looking beautiful & spring like in your part of the world. I love your painted ladder & wheelbarrow ... I can just picture the colour when all your pots are planted with flowers. Beautiful windchime too ... how wonderful to listen to. Have a lovely week xxx Julie.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Julie, Thank you so much. I am hoping my flowers will grow. Have a lot of shade so will be doing some impatiens. Hoping to go get some flowers to plant next week! Nancy

Laurie said...

Hi Nancy, your flowering shrub sort of looks like a white viburnum. It's hard to tell, but maybe that'll give you a place to start in your search.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Laurie, I think maybe you are right!! Thank you! Nancy

Leigh said...

Wow, everything looks fantastic! So nice to see your gardening touch around the place. Everything looks so cute!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Leigh, Thanks! I can't be self-sufficient like you but I can grow a little and do what I can! Nancy

Granny Marigold said...

You've certainly gotten a lot done ( with a little help from the Wonderful Gardener).
Our dog gobbles his food too quickly so I divide it into two dishes. He goes from one to the other even if it's the same food so it slows him down a bit at least. I always thought he ate that way because he's a Lab but obviously other breeds of dog eat that way too.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Granny Marigold, Thanks! We are getting there! I never thought about feeding Coco in two dishes but I did try putting some in muffin cups but stopped when we moved here! I might try two dishes. Have a nice day! Nancy

Pom Pom said...

Things are looking very garden-y at your house! Maybe I'll go clear off my patio today! It's looks like it is full of clobber and clearing up clobber always feels productive.
Outside living is attractive this time of year, before it gets hot.
I love your blog! Yay, I'll put you on my blog roll!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Pom Pom, Thanks! I am so glad that you took time to visit and comment! Thanks too for putting me on your blog roll. I need to update mine but it is not easy for me to do that! LOL Non-techy here! I hope you got to go play outdoors today! Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...