Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Have a Great New Year!


 Did everyone have a wonderful Christmas?  We sure did!  This is our family picture this year with Santa Claus and we did get another one in our traditional pajamas.  We missed our family from Maryland,  Dan, Elizabeth and Abigail!  Maybe next year!



We had a new addition to our family this year!  Meet our second little great granddaughter Claire Li!  This little bundle of joy was born December 9th!



Two chicken pot pies to pop in the oven!  My gluten free pie crusts are not the prettiest!  I made them from a gluten free pie crust mix.  Takes too much butter and after mixing has to be refrigerated for an hour.  I had to employ hubby's muscles to roll it out!  I have one more of those mixes left and then I think I will try my gluten free biscuit mix as it is much easier and faster.



Coco recognizes her stocking and loves to get the special treats in it.



Coco loves carrots!  Well, she loves almost every vegetable too!



Trying to organize my three garden notebooks!  I am not an organizer.  My organized friends would cringe to see this!  Trying to put fruit and information in one.  Veggies, herbs and flowers in one and this year's information in the third one.  I had to order my courtyard garden seeds by Dec. 29th to get my 15 percent discount so that is done and now just waiting for the arrival.



 I have not had much time for crafting during the holiday season but am anxious to get back to it.  I managed to get one dish cloth finished.  Better get those needles clicking and the sewing machine humming!  Have a wonderful New Year!  Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!  Nancy  

23 comments:

Cheryl Kimbley said...

What a lovely family! Congrats on another new baby. They sure are a joy!
Take care and Happy New Year

Elizabethd said...

A very nice family photo!
I have tried making pastry with GF flour and it is hard work!

Gloria said...

Hi Nancy, It has been a while. What a lovely family photo. Everyone looks so happy I thinks it's hilarious that your doggy likes to eat raw carrots. Maybe he will turn vegan! Lol! Happy New Year to you and may it be filled with many blessings and a lot of fun crafting opportunities.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Cheryl Kimbley, Thank you! Yes, Great Grandbabies are such a blessing. I hope you have a wonderful year ahead! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Elizabethd, Thank you! Yes, it was hard work and I also have a pizza crust mix. My home made pizza tastes so much better than the gluten free ones I buy but the crust is so much work and it takes me quite awhile to make. Eating gluten free is a challenge. Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Gloriade, Thank you! Gardening in a small courtyard with a dog that loves my veggies is a real challenge. I hope you are doing much better from your accident now. Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a beautiful family picture. How lovely to have so much family to celebrate with. Your new great-granddaughter is gorgeous. Such a wonderful gift to your family. You did a great job on the dishcloth and I know you’ll make many more.
Happy New Year my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Granny Marigold said...

What a lovely family picture. And to have another great granddaughter is wonderful. I hope I get some great grands one day but so far none in sight. Wishing you and your family a very happy 2019.

Henny Penny said...

That is such a good Christmas family picture. Oh, and that sweet tiny baby...what a special Christmas gift that was! I like that newest crochet dish cloth. Learning to crochet is my new year's resolution...even just to make a dish cloth would make me happy and proud. Love, Henny

Creations By Cindy said...

Love the family photo and I so want to kiss that precious baby's cheeks! What a doll baby and a blessing. I love her name! So glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New year to you and your sweet family. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Margaret said...

What a wonderful photo! And congratulations on your new great-grandbaby! Wishing you and your family a New Year filled with lots of love, fun and courtyard garden bounty :)

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Betsy, Thank you! We are so blessed to have some of our family living near. I know you would like to be near yours also! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Granny Marigold,Thank you! We are truly blessed. I hope you do get some grandkids to enjoy some day. Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Henny Penny, Thank you! I do love to hold that new sweet baby! My dish cloth happens to be knitted. I don't have a lot of experience crocheting. Oh, if we just had more time to do these things! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Creations by Cindy, Thank you! It is a joy to hold new babies! Our other little great granddaughter only knows the word "run" now so the holding her days are past! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Margaret, Thank you! I do hope I can grow some things to eat this year and hope your garden does well also. Nancy

Pom Pom said...

Oh, the new grand is lovely! She looks like a baby Snow White!
I like your garden notebooks. Organizing should be like play. Your way works for you!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Pom Pom, Thank you. She sure is precious. I am hoping my way works for me on the garden notebooks! Lol Nancy

Connie said...

Nancy, I love that family photo . . . it's a treasure :)

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Connie, Thanks! Sue tries to take one every year with as many of the family as possible gets together. She buys everyone PJ's for it. I love that time of year. Nancy

Leigh said...

What a precious baby! And your family photo is fabulous. So glad you all had a wonderful holiday.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Leigh, Thank you! We are blessed with family and two great granddaughters! Time sure does fly fast and before we know it will be Christmas again. Nancy

ss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...