Sunday, February 10, 2019

Busy Bee Feb. 10,2019


I won't be gardening anytime soon!



My latest adventure was making a gluten free sourdough starter.  Evidently it was not strong enough as this is how my bread turned out and I had to throw it away  Gluten free flour is expensive so will wait awhile before I try making bread again.



I made these gluten free sourdough muffins and I do like them so will continue to make those.  Sourdough is suppose to have many health benefits so I am hoping I will get healthier!



I also tried a GF sourdough biscuit recipe but they didn't turn out either.  I may try a different recipe later on.



One more GF sourdough item was pancakes.  I do like them and will make more.



Valentine's Day is approaching so thought I'd better get my heart runners out.


I had made two so the other one was put on the music file cabinet.  There is quilting of hearts in the middle of them.



My friend, Sue Husted gave me this little wreath years ago so I thought it would look nice hanging here.  I have yet to find a pretty Valentine's wreath for our front door.



Hubby got this rose for me.  It smelled so nice.



He also got me this Accuquilt Go for Valentine's Day.  I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet but with my bad shoulder it will be so nice not to have to use the rotary cutter and ruler so much.  He has been having to hold the ruler for me so I think he is glad too!  I am one lucky wife!



This is it out of the box.



And opened up!



Different size cubes work with it.  I chose the 8 inch one.  Does anyone else have one of these?



Gracie learned how to sew a button on in school.  She did a super job and I am proud of her.



And here is one of the buttons.  Didn't she do a great job!  I am so excited to see any of the grandkids or great-grandkids learn new things!




Of course I wanted a silly one of them also!




This is the last picture!  Honest!  I chopped the celery leaves to freeze to flavor my soups.  Thank you for taking the time to look and read  I hope you will leave a comment!  Happy Valentine's Day.  I hope cupid is as good to you as he was to me!!  Nancy  

25 comments:

Sue said...

WoW you do have lots of snow! I have always wanted to bake sour dough bread, and have yet to try and bake gluten free. Good luck in the futurpnwith the baking. Your granddaughters are adorable and seem to have fun with their granddad. Thank you for sharing, hope you soon get to work in your garden.
Blessings,
Sue

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Sue, Thank you for commenting. I think we are all ready for the snow to be gone here! I hope you will give sourdough bread, muffins and pancakes a try! Nancy

Julie said...

Hi Nancy, gosh its odd to see all your snow as I have just reached to turn the air con up higher to cool us down. Everything looks lovely & its great to read your post again. Love your heart runners. I think your new cutter will be wonderful once you master it all. Have a great week Nancy Xx

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Julie, Thank you!,it is hard to comprehend us freezing and you roasting! Hoping to find time and energy to play with my new toy soon! Nancy

Granny Marigold said...

Too bad about the GF sourdough bread and biscuits that didn't turn out. I hope you find a way that will work.
I don't know anything about quilting and the Accuquilt but if it makes your life easier then I'm happy that you have it. The rose is lovely too. You have a sweet and thoughtful hubby.
Learning to sew on buttons is such a great practical skill. Gracie did a fine job. Grandkids and Greatgrands brighten our lives, don't they? ( not that I have any Great grands yet. None of my grands are married yet.)

Cheryl Kimbley said...

Hi Nancy. You sure have more snow than we do!
Your husband is so kid - great gifts.
Have a good week.

Margaret said...

Oh, that's too bad about the gluten free bread and biscuits. Sometimes I find that You-Tube videos are better than written directions as one little detail can make all the difference and a video is usually more detailed (in that you actually see what they are doing) than written directions. P.S. When I looked up your Go Qube online (as I had no idea what it was), there were a few instructional videos on that too, from the company, I believe. Could be worth a look!

Henny Penny said...

Aw, happy Valentine's Day to you Nancy! I love to see girls learning to sew too. Your bread sure looks good. I didn't know you could use celery leaves for anything. Glad to know that. Henny

Anonymous said...

I’m glad your pancakes and muffins turned out but it is too bad about the bread and biscuits. It can be so difficult to work with a starter and I know that gluten-free flour is very expensive when I bake for the grandchildren. I love the picture of your husband with the children. Fun times! And congratulations on your quilting toy. I have never heard of one but I hope it will be have a lot of help to you. Stay safe and warm! Blessings, Betsy

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

What a great idea, I never thought of using the celery leaves in soup. I usually freeze the leaves for making broth, but now you've got me thinking outside the box!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Granny Marigold, Thank you. Yes, I do have a thoughtful husband. I like to see the skills like sewing on a button taught in her school. Thankful to live close to the two great grandkids that we have. Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Cheryl, I am ready for the snow to be gone now! Yes, my hubby has a good sense of humor! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Margaret, I did watch videos on making a sourdough started and still failed! LOL Not all is lost though as I use it for the muffins and pancakes. I think the Accuquilt is a great invention! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Henny Penny, I could not eat my gf sourdough bread but enjoy the muffins and pancakes so all is not lost! I wish all girls and guys would learn basic sewing and baking skills. Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Betsy, I have never made a sourdough starter before let along a gluten free one. I did watch some videos which helped but it would be nice to have someone in person see it to ask questions. Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Debbie - Mountain Mama, I am glad to be able to share something with you considering you are such a great cook! Nancy

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my mercy at the snow! WOW! I bet you will be glad to see it go. I love to make bread but haven't done so in a while. I like to have all day when baking bread so I can bake some loaves for gifts. Stay warm dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Cindy, I will be glad to have a little warmer weather that's for sure! I think I am too slow and low on energy to bake several loaves of bread. Good for you! Nancy

Leigh said...

I have never heard of an Accuquilter - amazing! What will they think of next? Sounds like a useful tool.

My daughter is gluten free so I know it's a challenge to bake well that way. Hang in there!

I like the idea of chopping and freezing celery leaves for soups. I'll have to remember that.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Leigh, Yes, I think the Accuquilt is really neat and hoping it will save on my arm and shoulder. Glad you could use the idea of chopping celery leaves. I hate to waste anything!! Nancy

hipatitshah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy's Notes said...

Hi Nancy! Sweet of you to drop in to see me! Cooking and quilting, both things I really like, but I’ve never tried quilting. I’ve made costumes, I knit( somewhat! ) and I’ve done crewel work. One day maybe I’ll quilt! Hope you post again, would love to hear about what’s going on with our new blogging friend!
Nancy

onsitereviewzone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thomas B. Brown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pink Rose said...

Hi Nancy oh I did enjoy this post what a wonderful hubby you have. He bought you such wonderful gifts,Thankyou for sharing this with us xx

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...