Wednesday, April 20, 2022

April 20, 2022 Brown thumb Gardener!


 Guess I am a brown thumb gardener this year!  My seedlings did not grow well and one of my celery plants died.  Woe is me!  We got a lot of rain and my carrots did not germinate so replanted those today.  One pea shoot came up so put more peas to soak to plant tomorrow.  I know it is only April but still...........



And these tomato seedling do not look any better!  Here I thought I would save a lot of money but guess not!



Of course this snow one night did not help my mood any!



I planted zinnia seeds Easter Sunday in this pot.  They are sitting on Bob's desk trying to soak up some sunshine which is the sunniest spot.  Grow zinnias grow!



I hope everyone had a nice Easter.  The Rose is from Bob and I made the Easter bunny a few years ago.



I have had this little  Ball Blue Book for years.  Is it still safe to use to can from?  The Copy right says 1995, l997 and l998.  Also when I put my cans through the dishwasher to sterilize can I turn them upside down on a towel on the cupboard to use the next day or do I need to use them the same day?  Maybe some of you canners out there can help me out?



Aww Dad!  I am bored.  Get off the phone and play with me!



Rosie is under this blanket.  She covers herself all up at nighttime when she goes to bed.  Even her head.  We have never had a dog do this before.  Wishing you all nice weather and a great rest of the week!..........Nancy  
 

11 comments:

Julie said...

I don't usually grow my tomatoes from seed Nancy - I just buy the ready established plants - they are not expensive here. I am sorry you are having trouble getting your seedlings to grow - I have read of lots of snow fall still on other blogs too. Your rabbit is so sweet. xx

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Julie, I did great growing my seedlings last year so don't know what happened. I didn't start them as soon this year because I thought I started to soon last year. Oh, well. I would like to make some more Easter decorations. Maybe next year!......Nancy

Granny Marigold said...

We're having a chilly Spring so planting will be later. I just buy my tomato plants and try to get them a good 10 inches tall or more. I have poor luck with seeds.
Rosie's funny habit of burying herself completely is so unusual. Funny pup.

Betsy said...

Our Zoey sleeps the same way. She loves to be covered with her blankets.
Our weather is crazy. It's been snowing over Easter weekend. Today it rained all day and Friday is supposed to be 90F! See? Crazy!
I hope your new plantings do better. Maybe if the weather evens out they will survive.
Blessings,
Betsy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Granny Marigold, Last year I had such good luck with tomato seedlings but not this year so guess like you I will be buying a couple or more. Yes, I thought it unusual that Rosie would cover her head up too......Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Betsy, Does Zoey cover her head too? I was concerned she might not be able to get out but she seems okay. The strange pattern of the weather going up and down maybe makes us think spring is slower!.....Nancy . .

Henny Penny said...

Oh Nancy, you most surely have a green thumb, looking at your header picture. It looks like a picture from a magazine. Some years I just can't get little seedlings to grow. Rosie is so sweet all cuddled under the covers.

Gloria said...

I don't have very good luck starting plants from seeds either. I usually just buy the plants ready to go. The weather is still a little cooler than normal and I am waiting to plant.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Henny Penny, Thanks. That header was before we got Rosie! LOL Rosie has ruined my garden so think I will put things in pots this year and hopefully she won't pull them out! Trying to get it pretty again. Rosie is a sweetheart but also a little rascal! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Gloriade, Last year I did well starting seeds but this year not so well. Was hoping to save some money but not saving much this year. I think I get too impatient also. It was so nice here today but we have one 33 degree night coming yet.......Nancy

Creations By Cindy said...

We usually buy tomato plants in which I have some planted in pots. But my husband like to start his greens as seeds and always has luck with them. I did spend a day repotting some things and our potatoes that we have growing are looking great. Lets hope they continue too. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...