Monday, August 13, 2012

Harvest Week and Garden Stones


I think the garden is winding down!  We did get some rain and things have really perked up with God watering instead of city water so will see what happens!  On Monday the "grands" had picked.  What fun they had.  Nana's little mini-farm!  Of course, Nana and Papa really enjoyed seeing them do it.  This is what I picked on Tuesday.  


I think this is what I picked on Wednesday!  This past week was a lot of fun but I got a little disorganized! lol  On Thursday the "grands" had fun picking again.  I didn't take a picture of that.



On Friday I picked a small patty pan squash as wanted to show the "grands" what one looked like.  They are just starting to produce.


The blackberries are about done.  We usually get a smaller second crop of the raspberries but only have had a few so far.  Still hoping.



On Sunday this small amount was harvested.  The little bit of produce from the garden seems to keep us in vegetables quite a bit of the time.  My onions did well so it has been fun giving them away.  I plan to try to store some for the first time and see how I do.


Aren't these nice!!!!  Too bad I couldn't claim I grew them!  A friend gifted me with these from their garden.  My green peppers were a complete flop this year!  Oh, well, better luck next year!



The "grands" from VA gifted me with garden stones that they had made.  This is Mac and the one he made.  I have them outside now and they look so nice!


This is Emily Grace and the one that she made for me!


This is Ashley and the one she made for me.  I love homemade and I love garden art so was thrilled to receive them!  They look so cheery out there!








23 comments:

Mary Hysong said...

some nice harvests and some cute grand kids!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Thanks Mary! Nothing compared to your harvests but plenty for us! Thanks for taking time to visit! Nancy

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Your harvests look so yummy! You have lots more variety that we do...and I just have to try patty-pan squash next year!
The garden rocks are adorable! Lucky grandma to have talented grandkids.
Debbie :)

Cheryl said...

You are getting some great looking tomatoes. We need to get out and pick tomorrow now that our corn is finally done.

What lovely grands and garden rocks. What great reminders for you when you see them and you can pray for them.

Have a wonderful evening.

~Cheryl

Sue said...

How sweet of the grandkids. It's nice for them too-to look back on what they made.

Shawn Ann said...

Rain is always better! My garden always grows better with a good rain! He can definitely send some our way! ;) Looks like your garden is still doing well to me! How nice to have the decorations for your garden that your grandkids have made. Special.16

nutmeg gardener said...

Glad you got some rain! Your harvests look great and how sweet to have those garden rocks to remind you of your beautiful grandchildren while you're working out there!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Mary, Thanks. I will miss our little harvests when winter comes! Glad you could stop by! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Dewdrop Gardens! I hope you will try patty pan squash. I think it is so cute! It is also called scalloped squash I think. Come again! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Cheryl, It seems our tomatoes are small and cracked this year! What a great reminder to pray for the "grands" when I see their garden stones! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Sue, Yes, it was special of the "grands" to go to all that work for me! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Shawn Ann, Yes, it was very special to receive the garden rocks! I am thankful for the rain we received and hope you get some too! Come again! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Nutmeg gardener, Yes, it was really special receiving the garden rocks! We are thankful for some rain too!!!!! Thanks for stopping by! Nancy

Lisa said...

Oooooh I love your garden stones! How sweet and how much they must mean to you to have been made your grandchildren. What memories they will treasure as they grow up of the time they spent with you in your garden sharing a little of what you love with them.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Lisa, Thanks! It was so much fun sharing the garden with the "grands" and letting them harvest the things! The girls really seemed to enjoy it! Glad you could stop by. Come again. Nancy

Anonymous said...

beautiful things harvested (and gifted peppers) and fantastic garden stones. What great gifts and good memories too.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi emilysincerely, Thanks! We made lots of good memories to be sure! Glad you could visit! Nancy

kitsapFG said...

Rain irrigation is always so good for the garden, you may find that you get a flush of new production as a result of the natural irrigation. Glad your visitors had so much fun and gifted you with some nice garden art to remember them by.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi kitsapFG, I do hope that my garden will have a new flush after the rains! It would suit me if it would keep producing a little all along till Christmas!!! Thanks for visiting! Come again! Nancy

Akannie said...

I too love things like those garden stones!! Very nice...and it looks like your gardens are still doing exactly what you need them to do.

YUM!!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

What precious and sweet grands...very creative art work and perfect for your garden too!!
Your garden is looking a bit like my small one...tomatoes have gone for now but a few little ones are coming along and cukes are smallish but ok. My basil is beautiful though...I need to freeze some more.
Isn't garden a real joy in our life of blessings!!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Kathryn, Don't you just love to see kids being creative! My produce is not that large from the garden but it seems to be keeping us supplied quite well. So far, my pole beans have not done so great. I didn't plant much basil and it didn't make it. Gardening truly is a job and the fruit of our labors is such a blessing! Come again. Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Akannie, Well, my gardens are not quite doing what I want them to! lol They could be a little more like yours I think! Thankful for what we get tho. Thanks for taking the time to visit! Come again. Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...