Monday, January 20, 2014

Baking, Cooking, Scrubbing, Coco


What does one do when they can't go outdoors because of the weather???  Work in the kitchen of course!  Here is my wholewheat bread rising in the bowl that I bought at a garage sale a long time ago in Michigan for 25 or 50 cents I believe!  A bargain for sure!


And here are oats ready to pop in the oven for my homade granola.


The thermometer did look hopeful but tonight we could get up to 12 inches of Lake effect snow!!!


Here is "wonderful gardener" scrubbing the den carpet!  Gotta keep him in shape for gardening!


And here is "wonderful gardener" resting.  Just one problem!!!  Coco beat him to his chair so he is sitting in my little one.  Hmmmmm.  Who is in control at our house!


Ready to teach one of my piano students!  At the end of her lesson we play a game.  Today I have flash cards all around the kitchen table with notes on them.  If she can read the note correctly she gets to eat or keep the M&M.  If not, too bad!  I get to eat it!  THINK!!!!

12 comments:

Stoney Acres said...

We are cold and dry here in Utah. I'm so looking forward to March so I can get back outside and get digging in the soil!!

Daphne Gould said...

I've been cooking here too. Today I'm making a casserole. I used to hate my mom's casseroles when I was growing up, so I'm shocked I'm even thinking about it.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Stoney Acres, I am not appreciating the snow about now but thankful we are not in a drought! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Daphne, You do so well at your cooking! I do make casseroles sometimes and we both like them so that is a winner! Nancy

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Nancy! I love to cook when I can't be outside too! I bet that bread is delicious! And the bowl is so pretty! Yum! Granola! What a nice gardener you have there! Twelve inches of snow? Don't know what I'd do with all that! Stay warm! Blessings from Bama!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Felecia, The snow has started to fall!!! I wonder how much we will get. I love my homemade bread but hubby likes boughten. At least I buy the wholewheat with no HFC. Nancy

farmhouse-story said...

12"-wow! cute m and m game, but, coco taking the best seat is too funny!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi lynn, So far we have not gotten much although it is snowing some now. Will have to wait and see. Nancy

Lisa said...

What nice ways to spend your indoor time! Coco is too cute!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your nice comment. Coco is so spoiled as you can see!! Nancy

Bernideen said...

The 2 on the left f and g assuming the bottom line is e and not middle c.
Looks like wonderful bread and homemade granola - now that's awesome!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Bernideen, Thanks! You must have taken piano lessons or some kind of instrument!! Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...