Monday, March 26, 2012

Expanding flower bed & Planting radishes


Here is my happy gardener! (not)  He is expanding my flower bed for me.  No comments on how we took some out a couple years ago because we couldn't keep up!!!!





It has to be raked yet, but this is how large it will be.  Then it is my job to divide and transplant the perennials!



I planted more radishes in a middle row of this bed.  Peas are in front and back of the radish row and there is a row of turnips in the back.  I have some radishes up in another bed but am trying to plant some every two weeks as we love them.  Do you know how often and how much to plant to have a supply of radishes for the two of us until it gets too hot??



4 comments:

Felecia Cofield said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog! You are doing a great job with your blog! All the photos are so nice! Your garden and trees, flowers and shrubs are terrific! The children look really happy there, too! You are a multi-talented lady! I love your quilting projects! Keep up the good work! Blessings from Bama!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Bama Girl, Thanks for the comment. I am trying to post each day. Bob is teaching me! The little girls are the youngest grandchildren. Nancy

Annie*s Granny said...

You are so lucky to have a man behind that shovel! I'm the only gardener at our house, so it's a good thing I love doing it.

I plant two short rows of radishes (about 4-6' total), then plant another 4-6' when the first ones pop out of the ground. I continue this until around May 15. The later ones may not be very good if it gets hot, but it's always worth a try. This can be repeated starting around the middle to end of July clear up to mid September. These dates are based on my frost free dates of May 1-October 15.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Thank so much Annie for your Radish help! I am going to try your method. Not sure about the fall planting tho as have not been successful with that. May try again tho. Our last frost date is May 20th so will need to plant a couple weeks after your dates. I enjoy your blog. My husband does not enjoy gardening like I do but he likes the fruits of the labor! lol Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...