Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kale planted & Ranch dressing recipe & Mulching raspberries


My Kale seeds were planted in the dark spot by the Oregano.  This spot does not get as much sun as the rest of the garden and it was old seed.  Since I am not fond of Kale I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't grow!  If it grows I will use small leaves in my salads.  I love Ranch Dressing and like to make my own so there will be less chemicals and it will be healthier.  My friend gave me the recipe and since Bob doesn't use Ranch Dressing I cut the recipe in half.  Here is my version.

1/2 C Mayo
1/2 C Buttermilk. (I use dry mixed with water)
Some chopped Chives
1 tsp. minced onion
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. minced Parsley
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. paprika
A smidgen of cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper


Bob mowed the lawn for the first time this year.  I put the grass clippings around my raspberry bushes to fertilize them and help keep the weeds down.  Coco is helping me garden!

2 comments:

Gramz said...

Your dog looks an awful lot like my son's dog Zoey!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Granz, Coco is a cocker. What is Zoey? Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...