Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Getting mulch, Expanded bed, Grape Arbor, Blue Flax Lanim, Cookies & Tea & Granola


We went three times and loaded up our two big tubs and our two little tubs in the car with mulch!  We are feeling our age tonight!


We finished mulching our expanded flower bed.


The Grape Arbor got mulched too.

 

This is the Blue Flax Linum my friend gave me a little while ago.  It lived and I love the little blue flowers!!  So cheery.


That same friend came over yesterday and we had cookies and tea!  Love talking to her about gardening and our furbabies.


Last but not least I made three batches of granola today.  I have it for breakfast and put cut up dried apple slices, raisens and healthy chocolate chips in it! lol


7 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

I love your flower bed, with the cute little sheep!

Tea, cookies and granola sound delicious. I'd like to be your neighbor ;-)

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Annie, That would be fun if you were my neighbor! I would invite you for tea and cookies! I could probably learn a lot about gardening from you! Thanks for commenting and come again. I enjoy reading your blog. Nancy

Sincerely, Emily said...

I know what you mean about feeling everything after working with mulch. I have a small S10 pickup and that is manageable for me when I get a load of mulch or manure. I took the full-size truck a few weeks ago and I NEVER thought I would get that thing unloaded. It was nice to have such a huge load all at one time, but wow it was a lot. I still need one more huge load for a big mulch project I am working on.

Your granola looks wonderful. Looks like you won't have to make more for at least a few week! ha

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Emily, We went and got three more loads of mulch today. We are tired with a capital T. We use to have a truck but sold it. I did bring back a bag of manure in the trunk of the car once from my Dad's farm (hubby was not with me)but I don't think he would allow me to bring tubs of manure in the trunk and back seat of the car! He is patient with me but not that patient! The granola will go faster than what you would think. I did put some in the freezer tho. Happy mulching!!! Nancy

Mary Hysong said...

LoL! I was going to be jealous of that pile of wood chips when I realized it's not in your yard ;-) In case you missed my reply to your comment:
Nancy, I know that sweet peas are not edible; but not sure if they are actually poisonous. I'm in zone 8, on the new map they show us as 8b but really my place is more like 8a.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Mary, Ha,ha,ha! If that pile of wood chips was in our yard we could cover our whole back yard with them! Come again. Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...