Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sheep and Bee Skep


I put my sheep out to pasture today!  I didn't realize when I took the picture that my little brown Coco sheep was in the picture too!  It is too cold for this fair weather gardener to work outdoors today.  I did go to a garden meeting at the library tho and also requested another gardening book, "Organic Gardening: The Natural No-Dig Way" by Charles Dowding.  Does anyone use the mulch for their gardens from the city recycling from trees.  Do you have any concerns about there being poison ivy in it?


This is my Bee Skep altho I don't have bees living in it or get any honey!  I buy my honey from a man around the corner who has bees.

4 comments:

Gramz said...

I have used the town's wood chips. There are some red leaves in them, but I did not think it was poison ivy. Just in case, I used gloves and showered immediately afterward.

I have not taken a good look at the compost, but I plan to use it once I have definitive plans for my big garden.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Gramz, Thanks for your input! We did end up going to the County Organic Waste one. It looked very good to me. I have not seen your town's one. We will be going back for more! Nancy at Cozy Thyme Blog

hoosier girl said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm hosting a giveaway for my one-year blog birthday. I hope you will come back and check that out! Blogging is great isn't it? Yours is very neat-I love your pictures!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi hoosier girl, Glad you could come visit. I did enter your blog give-a-way. Thanks for inviting me! Come again! Nancy at Cozy Thyme Cottage

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...