Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Little of This and That!


Not much gardening accomplished today!  Allergy shots day.  We got a frost last night so a good thing we covered things!  A beautiful day today tho.  Another one of my animals joined the gardening scene.



Starting to get the wood chip mulch put around the raspberries and perennials.


Things are growing a little but not fast enough.  I am impatient!! Turnips and peas and a little spinach.


My celery from the inch of organic celery stalk has grown some!!!!


2 comments:

Becky said...

My little celery is hanging in there, but I've not seeing a whole lot of growth. I've got to admit though, that I'm not seeing much growth in anything but the onions, and even they are pretty slow right now. After an unusually warm spell, in which everything took off, we've cooled off considerably, and been downright cold a time or two. We've had frost too. My starts, which were spending the day outside for awhile, are now back inside all day for the time being. Since what I read on celery suggested putting it out once the nights were staying above 40, I don't think my celery is appreciating the weather.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Becky, Thanks for your input on the celery. I have been bringing my celery in the house on the nights we have a freeze warning. I was thinking the same thing about the other things I had planted that they were not growing very fast. But then I thought maybe I was just impatient! Well, we will both keep hoping on the celery!! Come again. Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...