Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sheep & Flowers, Coral Bells, Chives & Fountain Area


It is starting to have more color all the time in the yard!  I have been working hard but it doesn't look like it! lol  Planted three kinds of summer squash, cucumbers and beans this week.  Harvesting spinach, lettuces, asparagus and radishes.  Had a couple bad allergy days but the weather has been wonderful!


The top of the picture shows the beautiful pink of the Coral Bells in bloom near the deck.  Didn't do such a good job of photography that time!


The chives are blooming such a pretty lavender.  The blossoms make a pretty rose colored chive blossom vinegar.


I planted the new plants in the fountain area.  I am hoping when they fill out and bloom it will be prettier.  I need to add a few more things and replace some old plants yet.  I did add lavender, pink and yellow but they don't show up in the picture.  We are thinking about enlarging this area next year!!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything looks nice. Love the colors in the different areas. I have always loved the lavender chive blossoms.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Thanks Emily! I love that more color is starting to come but I don't love this hot weather we are having! Too hot for May! Glad you could visit! Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...