Friday, January 11, 2013

Dare I post for Harvest Monday altho this is Friday!





 
 
 












 
I had planned to post this last Monday but my browser would not let me!  It is still not working correctly!  I wanted to try out my new scales I received for Christmas so I went out and picked some little lettuce and spinach leaves.  10oz worth!!!!  lol
 
"It" would not let me write between my pictures so sorry for the inconvenience plus mixed my pictures up.  So the carrots were not from my garden but a good buy I found at Aldi's so I made up some more dilly carrots.  I peeled the garlic to put in and had it sitting there and forgot to add it to the jars so guess I will have dilly carrots without the garlic!  Where was my brain???  This senior citizen business can be a real challenge at times!!!!!!
 
The picture above the carrots is a "music" picture frame that Aunt Joan sent to us.  Of course it has a picture in it of Gracie playing our piano!
 
The pictures of the "littles" are sitting on a new table runner I made.  Notice the different colored music notes in the material!  I would like to make a lap quilt to co-ordinate with it and have a music theme in the living room.
 
The picture of the bird feeder is just because there were some birds at it!!  Wish it attracted more different kinds of birds.  For now there are only sparrows and juncos.
 
The very first picture is a french apple pie that I made from the apple pie filling I had put in the freezer in the fall.  It tasted yummy and is long gone!  I will try to post this mess and hope it makes a little bit of sense!!!!!!  Thanks for your patience. 
 



 

12 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

Yum pie.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Daphne, Yep, the pie sure was delicious! And not a speck of calories in it! lol Thanks for visiting! Nancy

nutmeg gardener said...

Pie, lettuce and carrots all look great. I know of what you speak regarding difficulties posting. I guess the key thing is that tho we are getting older at least we try to use this great technology! I have plenty of friends who won't even try. Good to see your post!

Shawn Ann said...

I got the same scale last year for Christmas! It's nice you are getting a few greens. I am only getting a few too!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Daphne said. Yum pie. I'll add Yum dilly carrots too. Nice frame and love the musical table runner. fun stuff.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Thanks nutmeg gardener! Without my hubby to help me with all this modern technology I am afraid I would be lost!! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Shawn Ann, Do you like your scale? I think I will have fun with mine. I had one but it was not digital and didn't weigh as much produce. Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi emilysincerely, Thanks for the compliments! I love having different seasonal runners to put out. Thanks for commenting! Nancy

Kathryn D. Duke said...

we received a jar of rosemary carrots from our niece who loves to garden and can and we have not opened them yet...we kinda like to savor them. BUT, I was thinking it may be time to plant some carrot seeds with our mild eastern NC weather..today 76!!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Kathryn, I have never heard of rosemary carrots but I bet they would be good. We weren't 76 but the past couple of days were really nice. Today it is cold again and rained and snowed a little. Thanks for stopping by! Nancy

Jenny Rottinger said...

Nice looking lettuce and a very nice new scale!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Jenny, Thanks! I think I will have fun with my new scale this coming year! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...