Monday, September 16, 2013

Dwindling!!!!!!!


Not too shabby of harvest for Tuesday!  Those few Asian pears on the right fell off the tree.  Peaches are done now.  Maybe a couple left on the tree!


Gathered a little lettuce this day.  Bought organic lettuce and organic spinach at the grocery store last week! YIKES!


Two containers of the four that I froze up from our peach tree plus what we ate!  Happy Dance!  Still getting a few strawberries.  Thinking about making another bed for next year!  That bottle in the upper left is my dried elderberry flowers.  I didn't know how many to dry but if I am going to use a teaspoon a day and a little mint to make tea every day this winter to try to stay healthy I think maybe I should have dried more!!  Learning!


This is our youngest granddaughter Cali ready to start preschool! Yikes again!  She will be four already next month.  What confidence.  That backpack looks bigger than she is!  My! How things have changed since when I started school!


This is the beautiful setting in Coffee Creek Preserves that my band played in for the 911 Memorial Service.  There is a fountain in the background and trails to walk.  It is a wonderful place to go and enjoy nature.


 My refrigerator art display by Gracie and Cali.  Merry Christmas!  LOL  I may be rushing it just a little!!!!

18 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

I wish I had had enough peaches to freeze some. But I ate everyone that came off the tree fresh. I'm hoping next year we get fruit from both the trees. I'd love to preserve them.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Daphne, I will hope for good harvests from both our peach trees next year!!! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Shawn Ann said...

Great harvest. I am still envious of your peaches! I have read about elderberries helping to keep you healthy. I want to try it! I saw a recipe for elderberry syrup. It's never too early for Christmas ;)
Beautiful setting for a concert!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Shawn Ann, The peaches were an unexpected blessing! I just harvested the blossoms. Decided to be lazy as I don't like working with the messy elderberries so didn't make any syrup this year! Thanks for commenting! Nancy

nutmeg gardener said...

You have a nice array of fruit there Nancy! We get spoiled with our home grown lettuce so it is hard to go back to the high prices of store-bought isn't it?

Audrey said...

hi Nancy ... nothing better than home grown peaches. I did not buy any this year and sure love peaches. Most in the store are tasteless. So happy that your garden is still producing, even just a little.
Thanks for sharing. Always enjoy seeing what you harvest.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi nutmeg gardener, Thanks! Yes, it is going to be very hard to start buying things from the grocery store that I have been getting out of the garden! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

How great to have your frig covered in such gorgeous art work, I bet it makes you smile every time you walk by! Can't believe you are still able to harvest veges!

Carol

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Audrey, Thanks! You are always an encouragement! Excited to get the peaches this year! Nice surprise! Glad you could visit! Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Polka Dot Closet, The "littles" do bring a lot of sunshine to our house! Still hanging in there on a few veggies but won't last long now! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Lisa said...

Your harvest looks terrific. So many different things. What a cute granddaughter! She looks happy to be ready for school. And what a gorgeous venue for a concert!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Lisa, Thanks! Cali was so shy but now is really doing well. She seems to enjoy it so far. Glad you could visit! Nancy

Bernideen said...

Your produce looks wonderful! Darling granddaughter!!!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Bernideen, Thank you! We won't be eating fresh from the garden much longer now! Glad you could visit! Nancy

Becky @ Becky's Place said...

You're not rushing the holidays any faster than retail...(chuckle) Or my husband, for that matter. He's been listening to Christmas carols on his Kindle Fire for a couple of months already!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Becky, Your husband has it bad! LOL I try not to start listening to Christmas Carols until November!! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

farmhouse-story said...

oh, cali looks so sweet, nancy:) hope her year is great! and it's never too early for christmas:) your band picked a gorgeous spot to play! have a great week!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi lynn, Thanks! I need to get started on Christmas shopping!! I enjoy looking at your blog! Thanks for visiting! Nancy

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...