Tuesday, May 10, 2022

May 10, 2022 Rainy to Hot!


 We have gone from lots of rain to 80 degrees but Rosie is enjoying soaking up the sun!



I was given this plant for Mother's Day!  It said Self-watering and is heavy so thought a good place for it would be the front porch so we don't have to go out and water it every day!



I was given these two hanging ferns for Mother's Day also.  My courtyard and front porch are looking so nice!



My seedlings I started were so small this year so I bought a few.  A Sungold tomato plant, Beefsteak and Roma and another pepper plant.  I will still plant a few of my small ones and hope for the best.



Planted a Greek Oregano in this pot.  Hoping to dry lots of Oregano for the winter.



I planted three of my cabbages in this little box with the fence in front to discourage Rosie from pulling them out!  Two green cabbages and one red.  I have never grown red cabbage before.



I was happy to find a Lovage plant to buy.  I will dry it to flavor my soups this winter as it gives a celery taste.



One of Rosie's ears flops back a lot.  Has anyone else noticed that about their Beagle?  It is so great to finally see things sprouting and growing in the garden.  Maybe I am impatient but it seemed to take forever!!  Have a happy week..........Nancy





7 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

The ferns you received for Mother's Day are so big and lush. The potted flowery one is lovely. I hope they all do well for you.
I often have trouble with seeds not sprouting but I still keep trying. All except beans. I sowed pole beans in peat pots and they sprouted in no time and are now getting to the stage where I have to put them out. I wish we'd get some warmer weather. The temperature this morning was just 6 degrees above freezing. And the month of May is a third gone. Have a great Wednesday.

Julie said...

Everything is looking very green & pretty there now Nancy. Gosh Rosie is so cute - even with her ear flopped back - how adorable. Enjoy your lovely garden Nancy.

Creations By Cindy said...

Loving all of your pretties. We buy ferns each year for our front porch so went and bought 8 of those pretties. We usually try to buy from our local school (FFA) but I don't think they were selling this year. So...Home Depot it was! LOL! Happy Week to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Granny Marigold, Thank you! It has gotten so hot here you can hardly work outside! I panted green beans and lettuces in my Greekstalk today and I see the potatoes are showing their heads! Good luck on your beans!.....Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Julie, Thank you. It has turned so hot here the past couple of days but I planted green beans and lettuces today in my Greenstalk planter. Nancy

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Cindy from Creations by Cindy, Thank you. Your place must look beautiful with all of those ferns hanging! I love all the pretty flowers but it does take a lot of time watering! I planted green beans and lettuces in my Greenstalk today and was thrilled to see the potatoes in the gro bags have come up! Nancy

Gloria said...

Hi Nancy, You received some lovely plants for Mother's Day. It continues to be unseasonably cold and wet here in the Northwest. I finally planted some potatoes and onion starts but I don't know how they are going to do without some sunshine. I have just started some green beans in the house with the idea that I will transplant them to the raised bed when it gets a bit warmer. Guess we will see what happens. Happy gardening!

Progress in the Courtyard!

  It was so nice to look out my bedroom window this morning and see the Clematis blooming instead of a pile of snow.  It is a rainy day agai...